The Western New York Public Broadcasting Association has an internship opening in the Classical 94.5 WNED-FM Music Library. Students will have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience management of a music library of over 35,000 CDs and other audio.
Students will be assigned tasks that relate to day-to-day library operations including logging, cataloguing, filing and research; they may also be afforded the opportunity to collaborate on large scale production and broadcast projects and will be expected to assume responsibilities that are commensurate with their abilities. These projects may include the following:
- Production of Morning Classics, Classics by Request and Making a List
- Production of promotional spots and underwriting credits
- Interns will develop their own semi-monthly work schedules and will be obliged to follow them.
- Reliable transportation is essential.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
- An interest in classical music
- An interest in public radio
- A willingness to learn
- The ability to work independently and to work collaboratively
- The ability to write cogently
- The ability to use basic office software
Previous music, library, and/or broadcast experience is desirable, though not required!
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to
P.O. Box 1263
Buffalo, New York 14240