WESTERN NEW YORK PUBLIC BROADCASTING ASSOCATION
Position Title: Reporter
Reports To: News Director
Status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Date: December 16, 2014
The reporter is responsible for compiling, writing, producing and delivering news stories, interviews, features and other elements. Responsibilities include updating the stationâ€™s website, producing multimedia content and preparing other program elements. The reporter will also contribute to collaborative news-gathering activities, including the development of long-range series and enterprise stories. The reporter will also be trained to serve as a fill-in anchor.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as general assignment spot news reporter, researching, interviewing, writing and producing contentent.
2. Responsible for producing/writing/updating stationâ€™s website.
3. Performs other general newsrooms tasks that include making check calls, following up on stories, updating files and fielding phone calls.
Qualifications and Education Required:
- Three years of reporting experience.
- Solid news judgment.
- Strong writing skills.
- Authoritative, conversational on-air delivery.
- College degree (communications) preferred.
- Ability to work under extreme deadline pressure.
- General understanding of social media.
- General understanding of multimedia elements.